So, yeah. I went to the doctor a couple of days ago. I seem to be using my health card a lot, but I tell you it is such a life saver! I didn’t have to spend a penny (except for some medicine) when I visit different doctors as often as I want to.
In the previous months I have seen a surgeon, Ob-gyn, Dermatologist, Gastroenterologist and the most recent one an ENT.
Apparently these episodes of sore throat and hoarseness in voice is not a case of Tonsillitis, which in the event that you self diagnose, this is what you would commonly think. All symptoms are the same except for how your throat looks like, since I have been having these symptoms for a while, I finally visited the doctor to see what it really is since I was on a roll with using my health card.
The doctor diagnosed me with Pharyngitis, don’t worry not the contagious one. It is caused by Laryngopharyngeal reflux, wherein my larynx are swollen because my stomach acids comes up to my esophagus and my throat.
Everything is well connected, my gastritis turned appendicitis, and my loss of voice and this larynx disease all leads up to one thing my lifestyle and the food that I eat.
I cannot eat/have:
- Coffee – which is pretty much a staple in my line of work
- Tea – an alternative when Coffee is not around
- Carbonated Beverages – ahhh mountain dew? 😦
- Chocolate and peppermint – the best chocolate for me is the Ghiradelli Black chocolate with peppermint and I have tons in my refrigerator. What a waste. (well i’ll still eat them before they expire thats for sure)
- Citrus Fruits and Juices – that means no orange juices too.
- Fatty, oily and deep fried foods – so no chicken joy for me!
- Spicy foods – it doesn’t end
- Tomato products – Seriously now?
- Onions and Garlic – this is the only thing on the list that I don’t eat so it’s ok.
So my Spicy tuna pasta in olive oil and fresh tomatoes is out the window, as well as tomato soup, hot wings, pizza, Picadillo, red egg with tomatoes, fried fish, fried chicken, anything fried. Basically what the doctor is saying, “Don’t eat Yann” since everything that I can’t eat are the only things that I do eat.
I guess that generally is the problem. My eating habits should drastically change. Not only that he wanted me to do these list of things;
- Eat smaller and frequent meals
- Avoid eating 3 hours before bedtime
- Avoid lying down 3 hours after eating
- Lose excess weight
- Reduce stress
Ok. I will do my best to do what he says, but I can’t promise that I would be able to follow it strictly, it is hard especially to an independent girl like me, I need to learn to cook the right foods and try to eat as often and as little as possible. Oh Lord, give me strength.